Hendrefoelan Student Village
We offer a limited number of rooms for students to stay during the summer months. Applications for accommodation will open on Wednesday 14 May 2014 and close on Friday 08 August 2014
Summer accommodation is available from:
Friday 04 July 2014 (2:00pm)
Friday 12 September 2014 (10:00am)
Please note all Bookings must be:
- Submitted at least 7 days prior to arrival
- Paid in advance of arrival
- A minimum of two weeks stay
- At Hendrefoelan Student Village
- Single occupancy
- In shared flats with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities.
- £85.00 per person per week. Rent includes gas and electricity
Students will need to:
- Provide their own kitchen equipment and towels (unless specific arrangements have been made by your department),
- Clean their room and share the kitchen and bathroom cleaning with other students in their flat. Cleaners will carry out limited cleaning.
If you have not booked your accommodation before you come to Swansea, it will not be possible to find you accommodation on the day you arrive. In this case, you must book temporary accommodation in a local bed and breakfast whilst we try to arrange accommodation. Click here for Bed and Breakfast information.
Summer accommodation for students currently living in University Residences with a tenancy end date of 27 June 2014
- If you are living at the Student Village, it may be possible to stay in your current accommodation alternatively we may need to move you to a different property.
- If you move to a different property, we will arrange this so there is no gap between tenancy dates.
- If you are staying for the whole summer, you will be charged your current term time weekly rate.
- If you apply for summer accommodation by 06 June 2014, you will receive your room offer from 13 June 2014.
- You will have 7 days to accept your offer and pay for the total cost of your summer accommodation.
Students living in private accommodation:
- Summer accommodation is available at the Hendrefoelan Student Village from Friday 04 July 2014.
- If you need accommodation prior to this date we may have rooms available, however priority is given to students already in residence.
English Language Training Services / ELTS Students:
Please be advised that the summer accommodation is not available until the 4th July 2014.
If you are on a course between July and early September, you can apply for accommodation at the Hendrefoelan Student Village.
With the exception of the pre-sessional English course, all English language courses are taught at this site, so it's easy and convenient to get to and from your class everyday.
- Available from Friday 04 July 2014 to Friday 12 September 2014
- Rooms cost £85 per week
- Bedding is provided
- Wi-Fi in rooms: if you are enrolled on a course and have a student number
Hendrefoelan Student Village
- Hendrefoelan Student Village is approximately 3 km from the university campus where lectures are held.
- Approximately 30 minutes walk from the University Campus to the Student Village.
- There is a regular bus service to the campus and the journey takes about 15-20 minutes.
- The cost of a bus pass for the whole summer is approximately £90 and this can be used all around Swansea.
- For students studying on the pre-sessional course which is taught on campus there are a limited number of rooms available at Singleton Campus Residences: en suite rooms £120 per week.
If you do not want to live in university accommodation, you will need to find private accommodation. Click here for a list of accommodation. There are a few things to think about if you would like to do this:
- You will need to book into a bed and breakfast hotel for a couple of nights while you look at rooms.
- Landlords who provide this type of accommodation will also ask you for payment in advance for part or all of the rent
- There are a limited number of host families that you may organise to stay with. Residential Services will give you the name and telephone number of a local organiser but you will have to make the arrangements to meet them yourself.