Hendrefoelan Student Village
Summer applications will close on Tuesday 13 August 2013. After this date we will not be taking any more applications for summer accommodation.
Summer accommodation for students currently living in University Residences with a tenancy end date of 28 June 2013
- Summer accommodation is available in the Hendrefoelan Student Village.
- If you are living at the Student Village, it may be possible to stay in your current accommodation alternatively we may need to move you to a different property.
- If you move to a different property, we will arrange this so there is no gap between tenancy dates.
- If you are staying for the whole summer, you will be charged your current term time weekly rate.
- If you need accommodation for a shorter period, the summer rate is £82 per week.
- The minimum booking period is 2 weeks.
- You must pay for your summer accommodation in advance.
- There is no summer accommodation for current undergraduate students on campus.
- If you're currently living on campus, you can apply for summer accommodation in the Hendrefoelan Student Village.
- If you apply for summer accommodation by 07 June 2013, you will receive your room offer from 14 June 2013. You will have 7 days to accept your offer and pay for the total cost of your summer accommodation.
Students living in private accommodation
- Summer accommodation is available at the Hendrefoelan Student Village from Friday 05 July 2013.
- If you need accommodation prior to this date we may have rooms available, however priority is given to students already in residence.
English Language Training Services / ELTS Students
If you are on a course between July and early September, you can apply for accommodation at the Hendrefoelan Student Village.
With the exception of the pre-sessional English course, all English language courses are taught at this site, so it's easy and convenient to get to and from your class everyday.
- From Friday 05 July to Friday 13 September
- Rooms cost £82 per week
- Rent including gas and electricity
- Bedding is provided
- WiFi in rooms: if you are enrolled on a course and have a student number
Hendrefoelan Student Village
- Hendrefoelan Student Village is approximately 3 km from the university campus where lectures are held.
- Approximately 30 minutes walk from the University Campus to the Student Village.
- There is a regular bus service to the campus and the journey takes about 15-20 minutes.
- The cost of a bus pass for the whole summer is approximately £90 and this can be used all around Swansea.
- For further information on the Student Village, please click here:
- Be submitted at least 7 days prior to arrival
- Rent MUST be paid in advance
- Minimum booking length is two weeks
If you have not booked your accommodation before you come to Swansea, it will not be possible to find you accommodation on the day you arrive. In this case, you must book temporary accommodation in a local bed and breakfast whilst we try to arrange accommodation.
- All rooms are single occupancy
- Rooms are in shared flats with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities.
- Students will need to provide their own kitchen equipment and towels (unless specific arrangements have been made by your department),
- Although some cleaning is carried out by university staff, students will also be expected to clean their room and share the kitchen and bathroom cleaning with other students in their flat.
For students studying on the pre-sessional course which is taught on campus there are a limited number of rooms available at Singleton Campus Residences: en suite rooms £110 per week.
If you do not want to live in university accommodation, Residential Services will be able to help you find private accommodation. There are a few things to think about if you would like to do this:
- If you want to live with a host family Residential Services will give you the name and telephone number of a local organiser but you will have to make the arrangements to meet them yourself.
- You will need to book into a bed and breakfast hotel for a couple of nights while you look at rooms.
- Landlords who provide this type of accommodation will also ask you for payment in advance for part or all of the rent