International Students

Find out about University Residences

It can be difficult for international students to visit University Residences so we've online resources to help.  

You may have no experience of life in the UK. It can be hard to adjust to sharing a home with people you don't know, particularly if you are from different cultural backgrounds. Compromise is important at times to live happily together.

Living in shared university accommodation does not suit everyone: there are certain rules and regulations to follow. 

Some students prefer to live in private housing and the University's own lettings agency, SAS Lettings can help you in your search if this is the option you choose.  Visit SAS' website.

Applying for University Residences

If you are coming to Swansea with the help of an agent, you may need to speak to them about your accommodation application, for more information please see our: Applying for Accommodation

Postgraduate students

Most of our rooms are for the academic year, which is 40 weeks, however as a postgraduate, your studies may last for a whole year.  We have a number of postgraduate rooms for 51 weeks to suit the length of your study.  

When you apply for accommodation, you'll be able to state your preferred option.  Please think carefully whether you need a 40 or 51 week room before applying - once you've moved in you'll be committed for the full length of your contract.  

Unfortunately, we are unable to extend your stay as we must prepare the rooms for new students arriving in September.

What to expect from University Residences

Rooms and kitchens in residences are fully furnished, find out what's included and what you'll need to bring with you - Pre-arrival Checklist ‌/ Pre-arrival Checklist (Bay Accommodation).

Get information on collecting your key.