You are almost there!
Please read steps 1 to 3 before applying
To Apply - You will need the following to hand:
Your 6 digit student number (e.g. 1234565) this can be found on your offer letter/email to study from admissions.
Date of birth in the following format (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Main Email address (please ensure that this will be active until after you plan on arriving)
- Parent / Guardian email address and contact details
- 5 Firm accommodation choices, dont apply in haste, research where you want to live first!
STEP 1. Creating an accommodation account
- To apply for accommodation you MUST FIRST 'create an accommodation account'.
- Complete the required information such as your student number, surname and date of birth
- Write down the Username and Password as you will need this at a later date to check on the status of your application.
- Make a note of your username and your password, which should be an easy one to remember, such as your pets name, favourite band etc.,
- Some students use their student number as the username
Below is an example of what the on-line application page looks like:
STEP 2. Confirming your email address
- Once registered you will then receive a confirmation email to the account specified, make sure you can access this as it will contain a confirmation code which you will need to click on the link within 24 hours to confirm the accommodation account to proceed.
- If 24 hours has passed you will need to register your account again.
- You may need to close your web pages in order to go back to the applying page, (dont use your internet back browzer, as some computer settings remember the last page visited).
- Please be advised that if you are using Hotmail or a Company Account, the confirmation email may go into the 'Junk Mail' folder. Please register email@example.com as a safe sender to ensure you do not miss the confirmation email or any future emails from us.
STEP 3. Make your accommodation choices
- Once confirmed your email, you should now be able to log on and apply.
- You must ensure that you complete all sections. Click here to see the options that will be available to you.
- Once you submit your application you will see the following screen, that means your application has been submitted.
- You will also receive a confirmation email outlining your choices. Please keep this email safe for future reference.
Helpful Hints when using the on-line application system!
- Dont use your back browzer on your internet, use the back buttons at the bottom of the page.
- If you have forgotten your password you can select 'Reset Details' on the application page and once you have reset your password it will show you your Username.
- If you receive the message 'this page cannot be called directly' some computers may need to be shut down completlely, (not just a restart) as a last resort to reset the page.
- If you have made a mistake on your application and have already submitted it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know, we can then update your account.
- And lastly; If you are having problems, dont panic, email us and we will back date your application to the date that you emailed us to ensure that you are not disadvantaged!