How we allocate rooms
We allocate your room based on your preferences and information you provide.
- The allocation policy is set each year, to read in full please click here.
- We work through the choices that you give us, so please think carefully as it is not always possible to change them after you have been allocated.
- Under the section 'additional information', please put as much information as you can about where you want to live & with whom if necessary.
- Inform us of any specific requirements that will affect your accommodation allocation. We pre allocate students with specific requirements prior to 'A' Level results day.
How will I get my room offer?
- All offers are sent; 1) By email & 2) Into your accommodation account.
- In some situation we do send out offers earlier so we ask that once you have received a firm offer to study; you log on and check your accommodation account weekly and accept/reject your offer as soon as possible.
- Do not just rely only on emails as they can often be missed or go into your junk/spam folders.
Order of Allocations - Based on Type of Offer
The table shows approximate dates for offers of accommodation being sent, you should check your accommodation account at least one a week once you have been accepted study.
|Offer Held||Code||Type of Offer||Offers Sent (Approx)|
|Unconditional Firm||UF||Have been offered a place to study||Mid July|
|Conditional Firm +||CF+||Met or exceeded offer||After 'A' Level Results|
|Conditional Firm -||CF-||Not met offer but accepted||After 'A' Level Results|
|Insurance Student||INS||Swansea 2nd choice University||Late August|
|Clearing Student||CL||Applying through UCAS Clearing System||Early September|
|Non Full Degree||HND, 1 or 2 Semester & Part Time||Early September|
Order of Allocations - Based on Criteria
Within each category, we offer accommodation using the following criteria:
- Disability / medical priority / specific requirements*
- Date order of application
- Date accepted on to course / program
- Accommodation preference
*You must provide medical / supporting information when you apply, rooms are offered out very quickly and it is not always possible to re-allocate once offers have been accepted.
Frequently asked questions:
- Do you allocate in date order?
We do allocate in date order but only for students who have been accepted to study. If your approval from your department has been delayed this could delay us being able to allocate your accommodation.
- I applied really early, why haven’t I received my first choice accommodation?
We have a limited number of Ensuite rooms on campus and each year we have approximately 500 students who have deferred, have an unconditional offer to study or have special requirements. These students are allocated in July, before most students have received their results so many of the rooms have already been allocated and accepted.
- Someone received an offer before me but applied later?
They may have a special requirement, or applied for accommodation that we know is available to them such as the Student Village. We may also be waiting on your decision from your department to be made.
In some situation we have sent out offers for all rooms on campus and we know that we will receive some rejections. Your allocation may be in a holding group to see if we can allocate you one of the cancelled rooms in order to try and allocate you to your top preferences.
- I have a disability / medical condition that I did not tell you about it before, can you change my allocation?
Once we have allocated students it is very difficult for us to take into consideration any late application requirements as we have probably allocated all the rooms with special requirements by 'A' level results day. The day we receive the notification of any special requirements is effectively the application date for the accommodation.