Applying for Accommodation
If you wish to view our accommodation we have Open days, for more details please see: Open Days & our Visit Days.
Click here for Videos and Virtual Tours
When to apply for accommodation
Un/Conditional & Insurance
- Apply as soon as you have a student number, don't wait till you receive your results! Even if we are your Insurance choice.
- Apply by 30th June to be guaranteed accommodation - Unconditional & Conditional students only, however, we must stress that we do NOT guarantee any particular residence.
- Applications received after the 30th June will be allocated in accordance with the Clearing and Late Applicants guide above.
- We allocate students based on their choice for accommodation, the date of the application, the date of the results and any special requirement / disability.
- Confused by some of the terminology? Click here for a brief UCAS guide.
Clearing & Late Applicants
- Late applicants are any students applying after the 30th June.
- In 2016 we housed over 790 students that applied on or after 'A' level results day. and assisted a further 300 to secure accommodation with our Housing Fayre.
- Once you have confirmed Swansea as your Firm, Insurance or Clearing university you should apply for accommodation.
- All students are able to apply for accommodation as soon as they receive a Swansea University 6 digit student number.
- Unfortunately, we do not guarantee students in this category accommodation, however, for any students that we are unable to house in university accommodation we will assist them with our Housing Fayre that we run each year.
- If you suspend your studies before 1st February in your first year you are eligible to reapply for University residence when you recommence your studies.
- Apply online as a new undergraduate
Once you are accepted to study at Swansea, we will send you information that includes your 6 digit student number which you can then use to complete your application online by clicking here.
- To be considered for university accommodation, make your application as soon as possible.
- Offers are made in date order of application once your offer from the University becomes unconditional
- If you have your results and your University offer is unconditional before July you will get an accommodation offer normally within a month of application.
Contract & Payment Dates 2017-18
| ||CONTRACT||START DATE||END DATE|
For: Healthcare Sciences, Midwifery, Paramedic Science, Nursing course dates click here.
Please note that some courses may have start and end dates prior to these dates, you need to ensure that your contract dates cover your period of study.
| ||DATES||PAYMENT DUE BY|
||22-Sept-17 to 29-Dec-17
||29-Dec-17 to 30-Mar-18
||30-Mar-18 to 29-Jun-18
||29-June-18 to 07-Sep-18
||06-July-18 - For 51-week contracts only
Cant find what you're looking for?
Check out our A-Z of information, where you can find resources on: