I have been accused/convicted of a criminal offence. Do I need to notify the University?

In accordance with the University’s regulations you are required to inform the University if you are convicted of a criminal offence or if you receive a caution by the Police.  The University requires students to do this so that it can carry out a risk assessment and to take appropriate action.  It is particularly relevant for students on programmes which require professional placements.  Sometimes a criminal conviction could also result in the University taking disciplinary action. More info

Did this answer your question? If not, please contact appeals@swansea.ac.uk

Academic Misconduct Frequently Asked Questions

Download the Academic Misconduct FAQ Factsheet

Download our Academic Misconduct Frequently Asked Questions . You may also wish to look at the following web pages for further information on academic misconduct:

Did you find what you were looking for? If you have a query about academic misconduct that you cannot find the answer to here, please contact undergraduatequeries@swansea.ac.uk (for Undergraduate students) or postgraduatetaughtqueries@swansea.ac.uk (for Taught Postgraduate students).