Swansea University

Confirmation of Student Status

Confirmation of Student Status

Requesting Statements

Occasionally you may be required to provide proof of your student status, for example when opening a bank account, applying for an extension to a visa, or seeking exemption from Council Tax.

If you require confirmation that you are enrolled at Swansea University, you can obtain a Statement from the Academic Registry either in person or by emailing academic.registry@swansea.ac.uk with the following information:

  • Your Student Number
  • An explanation of why you need a Statement
  • If requesting a Statement for council tax exemption or proof for your bank, please confirm your current term and home address

The Statement can be collected from the Academic Registry (building 2.1 on the campus map, Stable Block, Abbey Building) and you will be required to provide identification (e.g. student card). Alternatively the Academic Registry can post the statement to an address of your choice if you are unable to collect it; please make a note of the address you would like the statement sent to in your email. Please note the Academic Registry can only produce hard copies of statements, we are unable to scan and send documents to email addresses.


< Attendance | Employability and Careers >